H.D. Rueb Structural Engineer
Job Title: Structural Engineer/Designer
Job Start Date: Monday, September 17, 2018
H.D. Rueb Structural Engineer is a consulting firm in Pleasant Hill, and we are looking to hire a full-time structural engineer/
Our firm has provided structural engineering services for over 45 years, and we have extensive experience in a wide variety
of buildings: schools, offices, commercial, medical, public/institutional, churches, retirement centers, apartment complexes,
seismic retrofits and custom residential.
We offer a competitive salary, 401k, health insurance allowance, flexible hours, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Minimum Required Skills:
• Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Multi-tasking to effectively work on several projects concurrently.
• Experience with structural analysis software: Enercalc and RISA are required, SAFE and ETABS are preferred.
• Basic proficiency with AutoCAD.
• Prepare accurate and complete structural calculations, plans and details.
• 3 years minimum experience in the field of structural engineering.
• CE license is required.
• SE license and MS degree are preferred.
• Experience in the design of wood, steel, concrete and masonry structures.
• Solid understanding of building codes and seismic provisions.
• Experience with DSA and/or OSHPD is preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Ferrari Moe, LLP
Ferrari Moe, LLP is a 14 person architectural and engineering firm located in the San Francisco North Bay Area. Our new construction, renovation and restoration projects include high-rise office towers, government and institutional facilities, large apartment and condominium complexes, small commercial buildings and high-end private residences.
Our work is focused on providing analysis and solutions related to construction problems on new and existing buildings. We routinely assess structural adequacy of building components, including wood framing such as decks, railings, floors, roofs, etc., as well as steel, concrete and masonry construction. We also design remedial structural solutions to distressed structures and building components. In addition to providing building evaluation and assessment services, we provide a wide range of construction documents services for renovation or repair work, including construction drawings and specifications.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package which includes:
* 401(k) Plan
* Incentive/Bonus Program
* Medical, Dental and Disability Insurance
* Paid Vacation and Holidays
* Alternating Fridays Off
* Continuing Education/Professional Development Opportunities
Ferrari Moe, LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Structural or Civil Enginer
Job Start Date: Monday, August 20, 2018
We are seeking a self-motivated, technically oriented Structural Engineer or Civil Engineer with structural engineering competence. Preferable skills include construction related experience, and technical knowledge of wood frame construction for this full-time position.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Licensed Engineer preferred
Degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with focus on structural design and analysis
2+ years experience under direct supervision of a licensed professional
2+ years structural design and/or structural analysis experience.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Contact us about this job by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Chief of Projects & Construction - 84712 Division: OP-Operations
Job Start Date: Friday, July 20, 2018
Berkeley Lab is seeking a Chief of Projects & Construction to lead the efforts of bringing the organization’s conventional construction and project management into the top tier of Department of Energy/Office of Science (DOE/SC) labs by achieving sustained, superior performance in support of world-class science.
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab was founded in 1931 by Ernest Lawrence. The Lab is located above the University of California, Berkeley Campus on a 202 acre site housing over 2 million Square feet of state of the art scientific centers and support facilities. Thirteen Nobel Prizes have been associated with Berkeley Lab.
Since the Lab’s mission crosses over into many different sciences, buildings range from supercomputing facilities, genetic sequences labs, laser labs,microscope facilities, office complexes, to support facilities such as a hotel, cafeteria, fire station and many more.The current project portfolio varies, but typically has more than one capital project (ranging from $50M-$140M), several mid-sized projects (ranging from $8M-$10M), and approximately 100 small projects (ranging from several hundred thousand dollars to $4M) per year.
The Chief of Projects & Construction will:
• Provide leadership in conventional civil project and construction management and execution at Berkeley Lab. This includes strategic oversight, planning, budgeting and management of Berkeley Lab’s portfolio of construction (capital and small) projects, both long short-term and long-term.
• Proactively build and sustain partnerships and ensure alignment of action, project delivery and communications to all external and internal stakeholders. Ensure that communications are transparent, relevant and current.
• Ensure seamlessly integrated project planning and execution to maximize project value and impact. Analyze the best project delivery methods internal and external to the Lab, including negotiated contracts, design build, design bid build, and other approaches.
• Lead and manage a team of approximately 35 staff, providing guidance and counsel for effectively executing capital and small projects that will optimally support the Lab’s scientific programs and requirements. This includes hiring and supervising staff at various levels and developing, coaching and managing for high performance.
• Oversee planning and accountability for annual, short-term, and long-term construction project budgets, expenditures and staffing plans.
• Provide comprehensive strategic vision, oversight and leadership of the Laboratory’s construction management and execution, including the improvement and maintenance of key processes, procedures, tools, metrics and systems for project delivery. Ensure management systems for capital projects are efficient and effective.
• May serve on Laboratory cross-functional or strategy teams that improve institutional management and development.
The Chief of Projects & Construction is a proven leader that is results driven, makes critical decisions using data and sound judgement, is fiscally responsible and serves in the best interest of the Lab community, University of California and Department of Energy - Office of Science. The Chief of Projects & Construction promotes values of diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as safety and security.
How to Apply:
Apply directly online at http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=135405 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Rinne & Peterson, Inc.
Since 1960, Rinne & Peterson, Inc. has provided structural engineering services focused on quality and customer service. This steadfast commitment has resulted in long lasting client relationships and expertise in a broad range of project types. Visit our website at rpse.com to learn more about our core values and project experience.
Job Title: Engineer; Project Engineer
Job Start Date: Monday, July 16, 2018
We are looking for technically savvy thinkers and challenge accepting doers who understand that listening and communicating well are at the very heart of creating and sustaining a successful consulting business. We value curiosity, attention to detail, technical excellence, and common sense. We believe in allocating responsibility based on aptitude and capability, rather than just years of experience. We look forward to sharing our skills and insights with colleagues and clients as we collaborate to create lasting relationships and designs with value.
If a career with Rinne & Peterson interests you, then please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining your background, interests, and career goals.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in structural engineering
- EIT Certification
- 0–2 years experience with a structural engineering consulting firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical skills and knowledge compatible with years of experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in structural engineering
- PE or SE license in California
- 3+ years experience with a structural engineering consulting firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical skills and knowledge compatible with years of experience
- Design experience with a variety of materials
- Experience writing proposals and reports
- Experience managing projects and interacting with design team, contractors, and clients
Contact us about this job by sending email to HumanRes@rpse.com
Forell/Elsesser Engineers is an award-winning structural and earthquake engineering firm with substantial experience in the design of new and rehabilitated facilities of all types of construction. We have experience in all aspects of structural engineering and seismic design, including cost-effective and innovative design solutions. Located in San Francisco, the firm has been in continuous practice of structural and earthquake engineering for over 55 years.
Job Title: Structural Engineer/Project Manager
Job Start Date: Monday, July 9, 2018
The successful candidate will be responsible for design and delivery of quality structural projects from design through construction administration under the oversight of the Project Principal, often working on several projects concurrently.
We are looking for someone with excellent technical skills and a strong desire to learn and grow in our firm and who wants to join an exciting and thoughtful team that actively encourages and supports individual professional growth through ongoing education, training, and mentoring.
Forell/Elsesser offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan and profit sharing.
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes and cover letter to email@example.com.
Structural Engineer registered in the State of California.
5+ years of design experience
Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering
• Technical expertise and thorough knowledge of structural analysis and design
• Thorough knowledge of building systems and ability to design and analyze steel, concrete and wood structures
• Thorough knowledge of building non-structural systems
• Ability to conceive and develop structures compatible with architectural and building system needs and requirements
• Ability to effectively review work of others, and locate and correct errors
• Knowledge of CBC, ACI, AISC, NDS codes
• Ability to work successfully with team members and consultants to produce high quality work on time and on budget
• Ability to develop and articulate design criteria
• Ability to verbally, graphically and textually communicate design criteria, issues, decisions and recommendations
• Ability to write technical reports.
• Commitment to continuing education, self-development and growth
• Ability to provide a high level of client service
• Demonstrate a proficient knowledge of Revit
• Project leadership ability
• Ability to respond to and assume responsibility
• Ability to produce fee proposals
• Ability to provide guidance to Engineers and Structural Designers
• Ability to handle several design and construction projects at one time
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) designs, investigates, and rehabilitates constructed works in the United States, Canada, and in more than thirty additional countries. Our goals are simple: earn the lasting trust of our clients, gain the respect of our most capable peers, and further the standards of practice in all areas of our profession. Our industry-recognized experts with diverse specialties; collaborate with clients and project team members, engage our extensive expertise, focus on delivering successful results, and respond to project challenges.
Job Title: Senior Drafter
Job Start Date: Monday, July 2, 2018
We are looking to hire a Senior Drafter to work in our Structural Engineering Division in our San Francisco, CA office. Under the direction of engineering staff, assist in the creation of BIM models, documentation drawings, sketches, and figures for construction projects, field reports and investigations.
• Produce building-structural and/or building-envelope documents for the design of new structures and/or the renovation of existing structures, employing Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD.
• Generate plans, elevations and details from engineer's sketches, models and drawings from other disciplines, existing documents, point-clouds, or photographs.
• Work with engineering project managers, engineers and other drafting staff.
• Assist in managing the coordinating drawing sets.
• Provide QA/QC for own work, including: back-checking own work before returning it to engineer, adherence to SGH BIM and CAD standards as well as industry graphic standards.
• Assist in the maintenance of a typical-detail database, catalogue drawings, etc., as directed by Senior Project Drafters or Project Managers.
• Proficiency in Revit and AutCAD, with a minimum of 2 yrs. structural Revit experience and 5 yrs. structural or architectural AutoCAD experience.
• Strong understanding of construction and/or engineering background.
• Possess 3-D Revit modeling and 2-D AutoCAD drafting skills, including development of isometric views.
• Strong computer and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal communication skills and ability to work well with others.
SGH has more than 600 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, and Washington DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. SGH considers all qualified applicants, and we encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply.
For immediate consideration, please visit our website to submit a cover letter and resume, http://www.sgh.com/careers
KPFF Consulting Engineers
KPFF civil and structural engineers are driven by a commitment to our core values of Excellence, Trust, Relationships, Stability, and Passion. We provide creative, practical solutions for projects of all kinds, scales and industries. Our culture focuses our energy and our passion on our clients, our projects, and our people. Firm wide, KPFF has been in business since 1960, growing from a single office in Seattle to become a nationally recognized firm with more than a 1,000 team members and 20 offices throughout the United States.
We collaborate with our clients utilizing the advantages of VDC with BIM tools as a way of visualizing, coordinating and tracking systems. Our office employs Lean Design and Construction tools and participates in a variety of project delivery methods in order to further integrate design and construction.
At KPFF, you control your destiny – the work you put in equates directly to your success and compensation. Careers at KPFF are driven by individual accomplishments and successful projects. That means your dedication, attitude and talent drives your professional growth. We work in dynamic teams with open communication and strong mentorship from senior-level staff. KPFF encourages innovation and continuous quality improvement in our work unencumbered by bureaucratic behavior. Professional development and on the job training is an everyday event as is your direct interaction with owners, architects and contractors.
Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility for families and encourages work/life balance. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary and pay you for every hour you work. KPFF is a global firm with 20 offices and team members hold collective professional registrations in all 50 states.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Structural Engineers - All Levels
Job Start Date: Thursday, June 14, 2018
KPFF San Francisco is seeking Structural Engineers of all levels with experience in building design, in both new construction and renovation. Our ideal candidate is ambitious and entrepreneurial and is interested in developing and maintaining a stable client base, as well as, excellent working relationships with developers, architects and general contractors.
To succeed at KPFF you:
• Are self-motivated and strive for excellence in all aspects
• Have effective organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Consistently think beyond rote training to thoughtfully and creatively design structural solutions
• Display a desire for growth and welcome advancement opportunities
• Welcome the collaborative and iterative process that comes with designing world-class
• Participate in planning and supporting the Strategic Vision of the office
-- Must possess Degree in Structural Engineering
-- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
-- Master’s Degree, Structural License and Revit Capabilities are a plus
-- 4+ Years of Experience
-- Professional License
-- Master’s Degree Preferred
-- Structural License and Revit Capabilities are a plus
To submit an application, please visit our website at: www.kpff.com/careers
Mar Structural Design
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Job Start Date: Friday, May 11, 2018
Do you have a passion for creative design? If you are inspired to grow in an exciting and collaborative environment, please e-mail us a thoughtful note telling us about yourself. Mar Structural Design is looking for skilled and enthusiastic engineers. We are a mission-driven firm on the forefront of performance-based seismic design and sustainable design. Excellent engineering skills are expected along with a commitment to continual learning.
Our ideal candidate has at least four years of design office experience, a Master’s degree in structural engineering, and is licensed in California. S/he enjoys working collaboratively, thrives on reciprocal learning, and demonstrates a knack for seeing the “whole project”. Architectural training, experience in designing in several structural materials, the ability to create thoughtful design details, and an interest in high-performance seismic and sustainable design, are all considered pluses. This is an opportunity to shape both your career and our robust growing firm.
Send your resume and cover letter to Taline Mitten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KPW Structural Engineers, Inc.
KPW Structural Engineers specializes in the structural design of life-science and technology facilities, mission-critical buildings, hospitals, civic, academic, residential, and other market sectors. KPW works within a culture of continuous improvement. We always strive to further our knowledge, ensuring that our approach to each project aligns with current industry practices and emerging standards. Researching new ideas and materials that lessen costs and environmental impact is part of our fundamental philosophy of best practices. We support and encourage all employees to reach their full potential as professional engineers.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Job Start Date: Friday, April 27, 2018
Provide technical services on multiple projects.
• Responsible for the production of engineering documents such as reports, calculations and drawings that are complete and technically accurate.
• Supervises and mentors Staff Engineers and CAD staff.
• Responsible for handling interactions with the client regarding technical design issues, coordination of document preparation and submittal schedules.
• Responsible for tracking KPW project costs, with the goal of meeting contractual obligations within the stated terms with an emphasis on efficiency.
• B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with completion of relevant coursework in Structural Engineering
• Registration as a Civil Engineer in the State of California
• M.S. degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
• Three years of engineering experience in the Structural Engineering field
• Experience with Building Information Modeling
• The Project Engineer is responsible for working with the senior project manager in developing solutions as efficiently as possible. The Project Engineer will utilize, when appropriate, previous design approaches and solutions used successfully on other KPW projects (i.e. avoid “re-inventing the wheel”).
• The Project Engineer shall execute solutions as directed by the project manager by performing necessary calculations, preparing construction documents (drawings and specifications) and writing reports as required.
• The Project Engineer shall work with the senior project manager to establish project design assumptions, comply with relevant code provisions, and integrate the structural design with the A/M/E/P/C features.
• The Project Engineer shall develop calculations that demonstrate that all design loads are adequately resisted in conformance with governing codes and project design criteria. They must be presented in generally accepted KPW formats in a neat, legible, logically organized and professional manner.
• Under the direction of the senior project manager, the Project Engineer shall assist in producing construction documents that clearly present engineering solutions in an unambiguous manner and conform to KPW CAD standards.
• The Project Engineer shall be responsible for execution of C/A duties (supervising staff engineers as needed) including shop drawing review, responding to RFI’s, site visits, etc.
• Under the senior project manager’s direction, the Project Engineer shall schedule and assign individual tasks to Staff Engineers and CAD staff, and establish internal milestones for smooth completion of engineering and document production. The Project Engineer shall report conflicts and/or apparent issues in regards to budget or schedule to the senior project manager immediately.
• The Project Engineer shall supervise Staff Engineers and CAD staff to ensure technical accuracy as well as timely completion of assignment tasks within specified budgets.
Contact us about this job by sending email to email@example.com
Nabih Youssef Structural Engineers
Nabih Youssef Structural Engineers is a mid-sized structural firm with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Irvine, with a practice focused on providing quality, innovative structural solutions. We are currently engaged in a number of large-scale, exciting projects, throughout California, including base isolated facilities, high rise buildings, complex historic preservation projects and large-scale mixed-use developments. We currently have immediate openings in all offices.
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Job Start Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018
We are looking for bright, energetic engineers to join our growing team in San Francisco and Los Angeles. We offer very competitive compensation packages for qualified engineers.
-3-15 years of experience, specializing in seismic analysis and design of complex building structures
-Demonstrated experience on technically challenging projects
-Experience with seismic retrofit work using ASCE 41
-Strong communication skills
-Performance Based Design experience preferred
-M.S. in Structural Engineering
-P.E. (S.E. preferred)
Contact us about this job by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org