SEAONC Strategic Plan 2018-2023
Modified, Affirmed September 2020
To advance the practice of structural engineering, to build community among our members, and to educate the public regarding the structural engineering profession.
A world in which structural engineers are valued by the public for their contributions to building a safer and stronger community.
- Structural engineering excellence
- Collaboration with other like-minded organizations
- Promotion of the structural engineering profession to the public and within the AEC industry
- Generation and dissemination of structural engineering knowledge
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and engagement within the profession
- Openness and accessibility within our organization
- Collegiality and integrity within our profession
- Inspiring future generations of structural engineers
- Stability and growth of the Association
Areas of focus for the next 5 years
- Educate the public about earthquake risk and seismic performance
- Promote increased diversity, equity, inclusion, and engagement in the structural engineering profession
- Increase membership quantity, engagement, connectivity, and collaboration.
- Provide better service to members of small firms, firms outside of San Francisco, and firms specializing in non-building markets
- Operate SEAONC more efficiently and increase transparency of the Association
- Promote resilience
- Strengthen our relationship with the academic community
- Enhance public and client perception of the value of structural engineers
- Improve internal and external communication mechanisms and messaging